What to Expect with Apparatus
If you decided to become an Apparatus client, here is what you can expect the process to look like.
The first step in becoming a client of Apparatus is all about collecting the information we need to establish your business in our systems.
- First, we’ll prepare and ask you to sign an Apparatus Services Agreement that documents which of our named Start!, Grow!, or Scale! Programs you have selected and outlines the services we will provide to you and the fees you will be charged.
- Next, we’ll pass you a set of information forms that we will ask you to complete so that we can set up your bookkeeping, payroll and banking systems on our end. You can complete these forms by hand or electronically.
You should expect these forms from us within just a few days of receipt of your signed Services Agreement.
The next phase of becoming an Apparatus client involves getting the various tools set up so you can access your company records and smoothly coordinate with your Apparatus team.
- First, we’ll give you access to a file sharing service called Dropbox that will allow you to view your digital records, business-specific forms library, and all other documents relating to your business online, from your smart phone or iPad or desktop machine. (We’ll also give you the training you need to use it.) This is a powerful tool that gives you and your entire team access to critical documents, 24/7/365.
- Next, we’ll set up smart-phone access to your bookkeeping system. This will allow you to view reports showing your open invoices, open bills, and up-to-the-minute financial status for your business, 24/7/365. No effort required on your part!
You can expect that we’ll have you set up on your digital tool set within about one week from our receipt of your signed Services Agreement.
The next phase in getting you set up as an Apparatus client involves opening a set of books so we can begin taking responsibility for your bookkeeping and payroll.
- First, we’ll create a digital set of books specific to your company. We’ll need to contact your current bookkeeper or you to decide on a “switch over date” (typically the first day of the first new month after we receive your signed Services Agreement) and we’ll collect all the open balances of invoices that are due to you, bills you owe to others, and other bookkeeping records as of that switch over date to allow us to smoothly take over your business bookkeeping the day of the switch over.
- Next, we’ll establish a payroll system so that you and your team member can start receiving direct-deposit paychecks and so that the appropriate state and federal taxes can be filed as well. We’ll work with you to establish a payroll system that is on the schedule you choose whether that is weekly, semi-weekly, or monthly. Our involvement as your payroll service will also begin on the switchover day.
- Finally, we’ll do the work needed to secure digital access to your bank so that we can have a real-time connection between your bank and your books. This keeps your bookkeeping real time and ensures that nothing is missed on a day to day basis.
You can expect that we’ll establish a switch over day that corresponds to the first of the first new month after you sign the Services Agreement, and that we’ll work with you each day prior to the switch over day to ensure that the transition of your bookkeeping system goes smoothly.
Life as an Apparatus Client
The final phase of becoming an Apparatus client begins when all of the tools are in place and running.
- First, we’ll help you familiarize yourself with the tools we use and the capabilities that Apparatus can bring to your business. It may take some time getting into the habit of your new routine, but we're here to help!
The time needed for you to settle in as an Apparatus client will be impacted by your starting point. If you are just getting set up as a contracting company, we’ll be with you each step of the way and your Apparatus services will be there from the beginning.
If you are an established contracting company, we’ll work with you during both before and after the switch over to ensure that the process goes smoothly and effortlessly behind the scenes.
- Next, we’ll provide support to ensure that you stay informed on what your books look like and the contributions you'll be making to help us keep your books as you go through your day-to-day work.
Our entire goal is to give you freedom from your books so that you no longer come home each night worrying about paperwork and bookkeeping. This means less time worrying about the back office and more time focusing on your customers and your trade!